Top 10 Ways to Enjoy a Finished Basement
Your home is the one place where you spend the most time. You eat, sleep, entertain guests, enjoy holidays, celebrates guests…you live there. And some of you maybe even work there. So why not make the most of every single inch of your living space – including the basement?
A finished basement can add space for entertaining, storage, living, or working. Feeling stumped about what exactly the space can be used for? Here are our top 10 way to enjoy a finished basement:
- Convert your basement into a home office. A devoted office space in your home will give you a quiet place to work, increasing your productivity. At the same time, you’ll have the convenience of knowing that home is just a quick jaunt up the staircase.
- Create a playroom for your kids. What better way to keep the upstairs presentable than to create a devoted place for the kids to play? If it gets too messy, just shut the door until there’s time to clean!
- Give yourself the gift of a home theater. Avoid the crowds (and over-priced popcorn) and simply watch movies in the comfort of your own home. The best part? Nobody will judge you for wearing your slippers and robe! Check out these home theater design ideas from HGTV.com.
- Convert the extra space into a spare bedroom. Give your guests a private place to stay, or even consider taking it a step further by creating a basement apartment.
- Convert your space to a basement bar. Why not create a space devoted to leisure entertainment? You could add a pool table, a dart board, and a TV turned to whichever game YOU want to watch. Plus, you won’t have to set foot in the local bar any time soon.
- Create a craft room. Pursue hobbies that need more space than the kitchen table. Wouldn’t it be swell if you had a space bigger than the kitchen table for sewing, painting, beading, or scrapbooking?
- Increase your home’s value. You already know that your home is a huge investment, so why not invest further? Finishing your basement with quality products – done by a professional contractor – will increase your square footage as well as the value of your home.
- Enjoy a dry basement. Who wouldn’t love to finally have a dry basement (and everything that goes with it)? A properly waterproofed and finished basement can mean no more mold or musty odors coming from down below. Plus, no more property damaged after every wet season.
- Create a home gym. It’s a lot easier to make excuses as to why you couldn’t get to the gym when you have to drive 20 minutes to get there. Make you health and fitness goals easier to attain by converting your basement into a gym. Take a look at these sweet basement gym design ideas from Houzz.com.
- Make a place for dry storage space. Even if you already have all the space you need for your projects and entertainment, wouldn’t it be nice to have a space devoted to storage? A finished basement offers you the peace of mind in knowing that your valuables aren’t being damaged by mold and moisture.
Whatever reason you may have for finishing your basement, you absolutely won’t regret making the investment in improving your home. Think about what you’d love to do if only you had the space, and give JM Construction a call so we can help make it happen.
Read about more ways to add property value to your home here.