As an Essential Business, We Remain Open and Here for You.
As determined by the state of Massachusetts, on March 23, 2020, we are considered an essential business. Along with health officials worldwide, we are actively monitoring the local and global health status of the coronavirus pandemic. We have taken proactive steps to minimize health and safety risks to our clients, our team, our Trade Partners and vendors.
During this time, our office is open, and many of our operations and activities are ongoing, though with adjustments to working conditions. Protection is of paramount importance and is our top priority.
What Activites are Ongoing?
- Completing ongoing projects – following strict new jobsite procedures and protocols
- Processing estimate requests & providing job quotes
- Scheduling new projects – both outdoor and indoor
- Facilitating design meetings (on-site and now offering virtual design sessions)
- Conducting design work and shop drawings
- Project Planning
These Procedures and Protocols are Now in Effect:
- When at all possible, we are scheduling one Trade Partners at a time to support social distancing.
- We are using BuilderTrend (BT), our project management program, for communication with clients and vendors. It allows all involved to monitor projects without being physically present. Daily logs, pictures, and other information are shared through BuilderTrend.
- For projects in the finishing phases, lists for clients to review, with live video walkthroughs and pictures will replace in-person walk-throughs.
- Now that our clients and their families are more likely to be at home, we are attempting to finish and get out of our clients homes as efficiently as possible.
Protocol for our Clients While We are at Their Homes:
- If a family member is sick, clients should alert Jeff and/or our office to determine whether or not to suspend operations on the project.
Protocol For Our Team, Subcontractors and Vendors While on the Jobsite or at the Shop:
- All touched surfaces should be wiped down before and after anyone has been working on or visited the site and at the end of each workday.
- JM Construction will provide hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes on each job site.
- If sick, stay home.
- Maintain abundant fresh air and ventilation throughout the site.
- When feasible maintain a safe distance of 6 feet from other individuals.
Our best practices are what will help get us through these challenging times. Communication and planning are primary among these best practices.
Planning ahead and “get ahead of it” strategies are as important as ever. We may not be able to control all of the external factors around us, but we must focus on what we can control and not let what we can’t do get in the way of what we can. The better we plan, the more prepared we will be to react to unforeseen changes.
If you have a home renovation project you’d like to discuss, please share some preliminary details with us.