Project Manager / Lead Carpenter Job Description
This is a full-time position.
Responsible for managing the administrative & construction aspects of one or more projects on a day-to-day basis, utilizing online project management system, documenting communications, coordinating all project details between the owner, designer, Trade Partners, and Production Manager. This position reports to the Production Manager.
- Maintain a work environment that brings out the best in yourself and other employees and that uses time as efficiently as possible while working with professionalism, a positive attitude, and pride in craftsmanship.
- Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly to clients and all trade partners.
- Maintain complete client satisfaction.
- Protect the confidentiality of company and customer information.
- Efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project
- Participate in personal development activities that improve task-related skills and professional growth.
- Take steps needed to maintain Construction Supervisor License.
- Maintain a professional company image through neat appearance, expert workmanship, and polite communication.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal integrity and high ethical standards.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications. Know and understand all project documents.
- Attend and participate in Project Handoff, Pre-Construction, Punch list, and weekly/bi-weekly Client and Production Meetings.
- Maintain high-quality craftsmanship, accurate, thorough, and timely preparation of work, and clear comprehension of all aspects of the project.
- Create materials list and order with ample lead time for delivery and check deliveries for accuracy in quantity, measurement, and quality.
- Be aware of inventory for assigned projects, store unused items such that they may be returned without damage.
- Use Buildertrend to maintain the project schedule and to inform the Production Manager of job status using daily logs.
- Communicate client change orders to the Production Manager prior to execution.
- Communicate daily with clients, through verbal communication and/or daily logs, keeping them updated on the status of their project.
- Supervise carpenters on your job site.
- Schedule and supervise Trade Partners on your job site and ensure adherence to operating procedures.
- Organize progress of Trade Partners on each assigned project.
- Schedule and supervise inspections.
- Maintain job site organization, dust control, and cleanliness daily and throughout the day.
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager.
- A higher standard of excellence in all that we do as a company.
- Firmly established relationships of mutual trust and respect with each and every individual we work with.
- Quality, service, and value delivered to our customers in a highly professional manner.
- 5 years remodeling experience
- Massachusetts Construction Supervisors License
- Computer Literate
- Professional phone manner
- Excellent listener
- Team oriented
- Clean driving record
We Offer Full Benefits:
JM Construction offers full benefits to our employees, including health insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401(k) retirement plan (after 90 days of employment). We also offer employees opportunities in professional and career development, as well as the hands-on industry training that helps our team members adopt the best practices and the principles which will help them go far in the industry.
Pay is competitive and is based on experience and skills.