Carpenters Assistant Job Description
This is a full-time position.
Our carpenters assistant completes all assigned labor-related duties, procures materials, and maintains an efficient, safe, and organized job site. He/she will assist our Carpenters and Production Manager and have the authority to purchase building materials as needed with recommendations from the Production Manager.
- Maintain complete client satisfaction
- Complete all labor-related duties as assigned by the Lead Carpenter or Production Manager
- Efficient and profitable use of the company’s time, manpower, and materials on each project as included in project estimate sheets
- Clean, organize and restock warehouse/storage area
- Pick up materials needed as assigned by the Production Manager
- Check materials delivered for accuracy in quantity, measurement, and quality
- Maintain a secure job site; lock up carefully at the end of each day
- Protect customers’ property; do not use or allow others to use any of the customers’ tools, cleaning supplies, telephone, etc
- Maintain necessary tools, safety equipment, and vehicle
- Attend all Company meetings as requested
- Maintain job site organization and cleanliness daily
- Maintain a smoke-free working environment.
- Portray a professional company image through professional appearance and polite communication
- Attend seminars and shows to obtain new product knowledge and new installation procedures as recommended by the Production Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Production Manager
- Professional Image
- Efficient production flow
- Materials available when needed
- 1-year carpentry experience or related training
- Good communicator
- Team oriented
We Offer Full Benefits:
JM Construction offers full benefits to our employees, including health insurance, paid holidays and vacations, and a 401(k) retirement plan (after 90 days of employment). We also offer employees opportunities in professional and career development, as well as the hands-on industry training that helps our team members adopt the best practices and the principles which will help them go far in the industry.
Pay is competitive and is based on experience and skills.